I have more than 3 tangents…
here are some of my random thoughts today:
1. I really want to start Trap Shooting with my Mom. 🙂 I had so much fun shooting down in St. George with my family. I had no idea it was so fun. I keep looking at the photos from last weekend and after Ann said I looked bad ass in my photos… I keep thinking “Yeah, I do look pretty bad ass!” LOL.
2. I’m so thankful for my job. There are days when I get totally stressed out and I want to pull my hair and scream. On a day like today, when a patient and his wife are so thankful that I was able to get them in for an appt and get them the help they need and they are SO appreciative, I remember that I really do love my job. I love that I get to help patients, get to know them, their stories, and build relationships with them.
3. Think I may have an issue with my arch on my right foot. after my 14 miler 2 weekends ago it was pretty sore, so I iced it and it felt better. After my 15 miler this past weekend, it was really sore, I iced it the entire way home from St. George. It was still pretty sore yesterday, so I didn’t run. I ran for 10 minutes this morning (i woke up way late, but I needed to sweat…) then I hit the gym after work for a 4 mile run. It went ok, but I can tell it’s still semi-sore… ugh. DO NOT NEED AN INJURY right now. What are some suggestions to help with my arch? besides icing?
4. When I start feeling like my life sucks (for whatever reasons, valid or not) I have to remind myself, that no matter what I’m going through, my struggles and my challenges are nothing compared to what Tahsha is dealing with. For a quick reality check and a reminder of how HARD life can really be, read this, this, and this. She is seriously an inspiration.
5. I am realizing just how awesome it is that I have met some great girls through this whole blogging thing. Never in a million years did I think that I would connect with these amazing girls. I should thank Kelsey, for introducing me to Janae‘s blog. Who offered to hold a running blogger meet up, where I met some amazing runners, like Rachelle and Julia (both of whom go to my gym, yet we never talked to each other, or knew we were ALL obsessive runners), and Jen who is an amazing runner, who’s running Ogden with me, and is teaching me all about barefoot running (by way of her blog posts), and most recently, Megan, who I chatted with in Janae’s spin class a few weeks ago, we commented on each other’s blogs, but she didn’t realize I was Ashley from ashleyandsundance.blogspot.com until last week’s fro-yo date at Yogurtland. I feel like I have this totally awesome running support system, we comment on each other’s blogs, facebook, text, etc. I love it! I feel like a little kid again, making new friends. LOL.
6. I kind of cheated on Lent last night… Eek! Diz brought home a sugar free brownie mix last night. He told me to make them, so I did… we ate them… (by the way- actually not that bad, regular brownies are WAY better) and it didn’t hit me until this morning that I gave up sweets! Doh! My bad! “Dear Lord… I apologize…”
7. I’m typing this post in bed… I really should get up and shower. But what I really want to do is make some hot chocolate and start my new book and go to bed. I can always shower tomorrow! 😉