this is not a race recap…
I repeat this. is. NOT. a. race. recap.
these are 26 (.2) random things I thought about during the St George Marathon…
1. The first 5 miles felt glorious. honest to God. I thought to myself if the rest of this run is like these first 5 miles, I could possibly get a sub 4!
2. My achilles feels good.
3. Rock My Run makes some damn good FREE mixes.
4. I don’t remember Veyo being this steep (OR THIS LONG!)!
5. Pretty sure I’m getting blisters on both inside arches.
6. Where the HELL did all these HILLS come from?!
7. There is nothing WORSE than WARM lemon-lime gatorade.
8. There is nothing BETTER than COLD lemon-lime gatorade.
9. F-M-L. I’m only half way and my quads are hurting like it’s mile 20.
10. Surprisingly… my achilles is STILL doing ok.
11. Wanting to cry at mile 17 when a bystander was handing out otter pops to runners and he ran out just as I got to him.
12. OMIGAWD… it’s SO HOT. I can literally feel the heat rising from the asphalt.
13. Seeing two male (shirtless-HELLO back muscles) runners… and thinking, “hey, I can keep this pace.” 😉
14. Mile 14 was amazing. Gorgeous views. Awesome down hill. I ran this mile for a very special friend and her peanut.
15. Best sign at Veyo: “Don’t poop your pants! Don’t poop your pants!”
16. Calves are SO sore. WTF? am I cramping?
then leaning over on a curb trying to massage them and feeling like my calves are ROCK solid.
17. Thinking IcyHot would help my “ROCK solid” calves. Ehhh! NOPE.
18. Finally getting a popsicle at mile 24-ish and wanting to cry. It was SO good. and I had another excuse to walk. Can’t chew and run at the same time-total choking hazard.
19. Drinking SO MUCH water and gatorade during the race (and after), yet 24 hours after the race my pee still looks like Mt Dew.
20. okay… Maybe I can feel my achilles. But nothing compared the ache in my quads and calves.
21. Holy shit… How am I already at Mile 21? How did I get here? I could stop now. I could get on the shuttle and no one would judge me for it. I freaking hurt. DAMMIT, I HURT. WAIT… WTF- No, I got to 21, I can go a few more miles.
22. I have some amazing friends. SERIOUSLY.
(should probably get this tattooed- SO TRUE)
.2 Fountain Diet Coke after the race… BEST THING EVER.
I will probably do a race recap later this week.
for now, know that I am super stoked with my performance.
I finished in 4:42:05 and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.